US Duct announces the addition of a certified BACKBLAST Valve – The US Duct Flap Valve!
We heard you! Changes in the industry landscape over the last month or so have made it difficult for you to get the Explosion Isolation Valve that your customers need. Extensive certification requirments and ever changing regulations are difficult to keep up with and suppliers are opting out. NOT US! Effective immediately, US Duct announces our BACKBLAST VALVE! Atex certified and NFPA 69 compliant, this valve is the solution you have been looking for – made right here in the USA!
The US Duct Flap Valve, otherwise called a backblast valve, is a NFPA 69 compliant passive flap style isolation valve. When an explosion begins to propagate down a duct line the flap valve automatically closes from the pressure of the explosion. The flap valve remains shut and is designed to prevent any flame from further propagation.
Unique to the US Duct Flap Valve is a flap that is designed to stay normally open. Typical flap valves rely on the flow of air in a pipe to lift up the flap. The blackblast valve is able to offer lower pressure drops across the valve compared to other valves by featuring a normally open flap.
Additional features include an integrated sensor to signal when the flap is shut, a variety of sizes to fit any application, and is available in both stainless or carbon steel designs.
Advantages of the US Duct Certified Backblast Valve:
- NFPA 69 compliant design
- Unique valve design that stays normally open even without airflow
- Less pressure drop compared to similar designs
- Locking shut flap that signals when shut
- Round housing – less material build up. Less clean out needed
- Passive valve with limited maintenance requirements
- Short installation distances
- Angle install approved (up to 30 degrees – one direction)
- Carbon and stainless steel versions